Herbed Chicken and Tofu Bites
Jacinta Gleeson Munn
Recipe type: Finger food, Main
These chicken bites are so tasty. Make as party finger food or have as part of a main meal. I make half the batch without sesame seeds and the other half with. My children love them. I make them in my thermomix, but a food processor will work well too.
- 2 chicken fillets, skin removed and diced
- 200gm firm tofu, cubed, I use a satay flavoured one, but plain tofu works well too
- 1 onion, cut into 4
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 slice bread
- 1 tsp dried rosemary or small sprig if fresh
- 2 springs fresh coriander
- 1 spring onion, roughly chopped
- ¼ tsp salt or seasoning of choice
- oil for cooking
- ⅓ - ⅔ cup sesame seeds, optional
- Thermomix Method
- Break up slice of bread into large chunks and place in Thermomix. Mix on sp 7 for 5 seconds, until fine crumbs form. Pour into bowl and put aside.
- Place onion, garlic, rosemary, coriander and spring onion. Blend on sp 5 for approximately 5 seconds.
- Place chicken and tofu in Thermomix and blend on sp7 for 5 seconds. Add egg, salt and bread crumbs into Thermomix. Blend on sp 6 for 5 seconds or until evenly mixed.
- Form mixture into small bite-size balls and place in a frypan over a medium heat, with a small amount of oil. If using sesame seeds, coat the chicken balls evenly before adding to the pan. Brown on all sides.
- Cook in batches. Keep chicken bites warm in oven @160â„ƒ and to ensure they are cooked through. Makes approximately 40. Serve with your favourite dipping sauce or as a main meal with rice and steamed vegetables.
- Conventional Method
- Follow Thermomix method, only determine each mixing time to suit your food processor.
- Cook as per above instructions.